200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
March 24 @ 9:30 am - July 8 @ 5:30 pm
NEXT TRAINING STARTS MARCH 24, 2018
With Michael Dynie, Krista Budgell and Janice DeFilippi
The Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is designed to take you deep into the heart of yoga as a holistic system that encompasses mind, body and spirit, based on the eight limbs of Astanga Yoga – an approach inspired by the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Our aim is to help you to take your own practice to a much deeper level, so you can confidently transmit your own understanding of yoga to others from a place of personal experience.
This program is unique because it includes a serious exploration of your own practice through our Mysore program, a self-guided yoga practice in a group setting. Through the ritual of repetition and familiarity, the practice takes us deep into the core of the body and simultaneously promotes the possibility of insight into our own mental processes.
Your growth will be supported by in-depth studies of yoga philosophy, meditation, the anatomy of the body, teaching yoga postures to different levels of ability, the energetics of yoga, safe hands-on adjustments, ethics, pranayama and lifestyle.
Full Studio Membership – Come practice with us!
YTT tuition includes an all-access membership to the studio from the moment you sign up until the end of the training. Any class, any time. We really want you to come and practice with us!
- Philosophy – As an inspiration for your approach to life. Study the most influential source texts: Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Asana Workshops – Modern perspectives and alignment in motion.
- Anatomy of Yoga – Functional anatomy of yoga and the physiology of meditative states.
- Self-Guided Practice in a Group – Vinyasa yoga at your own pace with AYO’s Mysore program.
- Meditation – Various practical approaches will be explored drawing from Patanjali’s Yoga and Buddhism.
- Drishti – How gazing points can help lead to a deeply contemplative state.
- Breathing Techniques (Pranayama) – practices that can focus the mind, and calm or stimulate the nervous system to experience deep states of tranquility.
- Teaching skills – Adjustment techniques, holding space, language skills, sequencing for specific purposes, wrapping content around a theme, and modifying yoga to suit individual needs.
SPRING 2018 Schedule
5 Intensive weekends
Saturdays & Sundays 9:30am – 5:30pm
June 2-3, 23-24
Saturdays 9:30am – 5:30pm
Sundays 9:30am – 12:30pm
April 7-8, 21-22, 28-29
May 5-6, 26-27
June 9-10, 16-17
*$2,600 +HST – Pay $500 deposit by February 28, 2018
*$3,000 +HST (after February 28)
Tuition must be paid in full by March 11, 2018
Full Studio Membership
Tuition includes an all-access membership from the moment you sign up through the duration of the training.
Apply for Teacher Training
Contact us and tell us a little about yourself: Why you practice yoga, and what you hope to gain from this course.
AYO’s Teacher Training is registered with the Yoga Alliance (RYS)
Upon graduation, students who fulfill all the course requirements will receive a 200-hour certificate of yoga teacher training which is recognized by the Yoga Alliance of North America.